Saturday, September 6, 2008

Way to go, Idaho

The Chinese are at it again. They forgot the mustard.

I have been blasting Beck's Modern Guilt into my brain since it came out. Acquired during one of my many visits/stays at JT's while everyone who actually lives there was working. In fact, whenever JT was not blasting his own tunes, I would take over and play one of two songs.

1. Gamma Ray
or
2. Chemtrails

After months of playing these two songs exclusively on his computer, JT deleted the album to make room for comedy recordings. I guess JT can help out victims of Katrina and Gustov but helping a brother out and playing music he does not like through his computer is too much. What a towering dick.

It's ok, I got over it quick because I have drugs. In a few weeks I'll do a bunch more in between doing more drugs. That is just the way drugs work. You do them when you have nothing to do or something really cool to do. And for the rest you do drugs.

I was crying like a strong man should while watching Cinema Paradiso for the first time. Started watching a half an hour into it too. In those circumstances I almost always change the channel. I'm Woody Allen in Annie Hall complaining about how the movie has already started. It's film freak bullshit that no one should put up with because when are we ever going to see this movie again? Found it on TV by accident to begin with, so why waste this opportunity? What an excellent chronicle of someone's life lived through and dictated by movies. The Dreamers is a child of this movie, though Paradiso is about the heartbreak of an entire life while Dreamers is the heartbreak of youth. Both are about how great it is to go to the movies. To yell and scream. To recite it line for line like an old poem.

Go to the movies, people. I guarantee My Big Fat Greek Wedding will never play as good as it did in a packed theatre. Snakes On A Plane either. Hell, I drank a pitcher of beer and bottle of Jack and Coke to help me through watching Rush Hour 3 with a packed opening day audience. Was anybody else excited that Max Von Sydow reprized his role from Minority Report?

I have not seen the previous installments of Rush Hour, but I do like this:


So I watched Cinema Paradiso, Office Space, and half of Go. I turned to it as Timothy Olyphant yells at Katie Holmes and asks her if she is a virgin. "Answer the question, Claire!" Katie guesses right that its the Breakfast Club. What a match.

Now tell your dog to go get your slippers.

No comments: